Monday, November 12, 2012

Fashion Passion.


For weeks, now I can't shake the idea of implementing my passion for fashion. Like many girls, I simply love putting together a cute outfit. But I can't be happy with just buying from the mall. Oh, no. This is an art form. A masterful puzzle. Which pieces do I pull together? In what way?


You see, I'm a firm believer that in order to look fashion-forward, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg. I don't know about you, but for many years, a new "season" would hit and I would wonder how I could possibly keep up. However, I have given up these strivings. Although my shopping budget has not necessarily increased, my mindset has. And now when new seasons come, I get giddy just thinking of all the creative little ways I will expand my wardrobe.


I'd like to share with you my findings and hopefully, along the way, you will develop your own glorious ways to access this wondrous world of beauty and fashion, without spending beyond your means.

Today, I wore a darling little outfit that was extremely fun to put together. I started with a black maxi dress that I had bought on the clearance rack at Target several years ago for $4. I added a Banana Republic blouse from Salvo's ($3), a little boy's belt I probably paid $1 for at Goodwill, and finished it off with a mother-of-pearl bracelet I had paid $4 for from style.ly and retro earrings acquired from my mother-in-law. All in all, a thrilling fashion experience for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment